Why Is My Roku Screen Purple?
Call our tech experts to understand why is my Roku screen purple?
If you get a purple screen on your TV while streaming Roku, it usually happens when the HDCP content gets disabled or unauthorized.
- The HDCP is the content protector technology, which is installed on TVs.
- The HDCP tool actually detects if the TV or Audio/Video Receiver supports the proper content protection technology.
- By having this content protection HDCP installed on TV (roku.com/link), this prevents the copying of both the audio as well as the video content through the cable link.
- When the HDCP is not supported by your TV, a purple screen at once appears.
Solution to Why is my Roku screen purple?
- Try pressing the Home button, and opting for a printer reset.
- A reset fixes the device, and if the device goes into the standby mode, try the option reset again.
- Sometimes when the TV or the Audio or Video Receiver is not promptly connected to the HDCP, this purple screen with a message HDCP unauthorized content disabled, usually gets displayed
- Apart from the above reason, few circumstances like a faulty HDMI cable or HDMI connector can also give way to this purple screen.
- Try unplugging the HDMI cable, and switching off the Roku device.
- Reconnect the HDMI, and try loading the video. If the issue still persists, follow these suggestions listed below.
- Insert a different HDMI, as this might prove useful if the used HDMI has defects.
- Sometimes, the HDMI might not contain any error. Try it with different TV, to find if it causes TV issues.
- Also, don’t forget to check the display feature settings in the device settings.
- If you are installing the Roku for the first time, the purple screen is shown after your Roku installation, check if HDCP is supported.
Our online guidance is provided by a team of well-qualified experts who have great expertise in troubleshooting Roku products. Call our tech experts who are available on the toll-free lines +1-888-269-1011 or visit www.go-roku.com to help you with “why is my Roku screen purple?”.