Figure Skating is one of those events which you can watch any number of times. That is exactly why it appears in the primetime slot of NBC on 12 out of the 18 days of the current Olympics. So, let’s find out ways to watch Figure Skating at the Winter Olympics 2018? All you have to do is add one of official Olympic channels to your Roku device. Your choices are the USA channel, the Olympic channel and the NBC Sports channel. Learn how to stream your favorite Olympic event from our experts available on the toll-free number +1-800-730-2538.
What are the categories in this event?
The Winter Olympics conducts various events and each event, in turn, has several subcategories. For example, the Figure Skating event has the following categories.
- There is the Men’s Singles and also the Women’s Singles where individual participants showcase their talent.
- The events take place in 2 rounds, viz. the short program and the free skate.
- 30 participants compete in the initial short program from which 24 move on to the next round.
- The winner is however chosen based on cumulative scores from both rounds.
- The Pairs event is very similar to the Singles event except that the participants are in pairs.
- In this event only 20 pairs participate in the first round, out of which 16 move on to the next round.
- Besides, scoring too is very similar to the Singles event.
- This event is for couples who can showcase their skills to win a medal.
- Initially, there are 24 couples out of which only 20 advances to the free dance round.
- The winners are awarded a medal based on performances in both the preliminary and the final rounds.
- The team event is for the best skaters from each country who are participants from one of the above events.
- The country with the highest points will become the winner.
How to watch these on your Roku?
Make use of an existing cable connection or a channel bundle such as DIRECTV NOW to subscribe to the official Olympics channels. Alternatively, you can also add them as stand-alone channels on your Roku. Follow the step-by-step instructions to add the channel to your device.
- Turn on your Roku device and ensure that you connect it to the internet
- Also, make sure that there is uninterrupted service while adding a new channel
- Access the home screen menu and navigate to the STREAMING CHANNELS option using your Roku remote
- In the search box, search for the NBC Sports channel, USA channel or the Olympic channel
- Select the channel of your choice and then add it using the ADD CHANNEL menu option
- This in turn will take you to your Roku account page for completing the payment formalities
- Enter your card information or your PayPal account information to complete the transaction
- Then you will find the channel in your MY CHANNELS list
- If not, try restarting the device and try once again
You may also have to turn on the live TV feature to be able to stream the events live. In case you need help in activating the channel or troubleshooting it, you can call us at our toll-free number +1-800-730-2538 or visit our https://www.go-roku.com website. Get an issue sorted and start streaming the Figure Skating event of the Winter Olympics 2018.