Steps To Resolve Roku Setup Problems
Roku setup problems can be from any frontal. Connectivity, installation issues, or even Roku remote issues. In this space, we are highlighting the connectivity issues you may face during your Roku setup. For more clarifications, call on our tech experts for troubleshooting
How to clear these connectivity issues?
Get the right wireless network details
- The wrong wireless network name chosen to sign in shall cause your wireless network connection to fail.
- Choose the help section for finding help on the right network.
- Enter the accurate password for the chosen wireless network, slowly and carefully to avoid typing error.
- Mistakes while entering passwords are common.
- Note that network passwords are very much case sensitive
- Choose the help section for finding help on password
Check the condition of the Router
- Check the condition of the router, to see if it is working properly.
- Connect to another network and try accessing the internet by launching another site
- If you can establish a connection, the router is working properly, and the issue does not lie with the router.
- If you are unable to establish the internet connection, restart your router before contacting your Internet service provider.
Wireless signal strength (a predominant cause for Roku setup problems)
- If you can’t connect, in spite of your password being correct and other devices being able to access the router, the issue lies with the wireless signal.
- Check the space between the Roku device and the router for any obstacles like walls and or perhaps cabinets.
- Place the router in close proximity to the Roku device (Roku.com/link) for better signal placement.
How to get the router and the streaming player restarted?
- Go to the Settings and then choose the Find the System restart the system.
- Unplug the device for a few moments, and then plug it back in.
- Check with your ISP or router vendor, on how to restart the router. Usually, simply unplugging or pressing the reset button may work.
- Wait for few minutes for the device to power up.