Roku cant Connect to Local Network Error Code 014 Message
When Roku can’t connect to local network error code 014 message is displayed. The Roku is easy to set up. Users fail to connect to the home Wi-Fi network and encounter error code 14. The error code displays after connecting to the internet and entering the password.
Steps to rectify the Roku can’t connect to local network error code 014 issue:
Solution 1: Disable Network Pings:
Use the Roku remote to disable network pings:
- To open the “platform secret screen” follow the sequence:
- Press the home button (5) times ->Forward button -> Play button -> Rewind button ->Play button -> Forward button
- On the platform secret screen’ scroll through the menu
- Click on “Disable network Pings”
Network connectivity is resolved with the above
Solution 2: Update your Software:
To do this:
- Search for “Disable network pings” on the menu
- Check if the software is current
- If not found:
- Update your software to the latest version (Roku link account) as follows:
- Try connecting to another Network:
- If not connected:
- Try using another connected device such as the smartphone or Tablet
- Check the Wi-Fi hotspot
- Connect your Roku device to it
- Try connecting directly with the Ethernet cable
This might help you get the best speed when compared to connecting it wireless.
- Update your Software:
Use the Roku remote to open and unlock the “Secret Screen”
- To open the “secret screen” follow the sequence:
- Press the home button (5) times -> Forward button (3) times -> Rewind button (2) times
- On the screen select “Update Software”
- The device reboots by itself after updates
- Disable Network Pings:
- After software update completion
- Find “Disable network pings” on the menu
- Follow the above pattern to open to disable the network pings.
- Connect to your Wi-Fi network:
After you follow the above steps try connecting to your wireless network now. You should now be able to connect to your Wi-Fi network without any issues.
If you still face Roku cant connect to local network error code 014 visit our website go-roku.com or contact our customer care at +1-855-567-1600 executives for further clarifications and assistance to solve the issue.