Roku 4 Features
During the first-time release of the device, owing to its unique Roku 4 features such as remote control finder and its ability to stream 4K UHD online content, it was the most-preferred streaming player among users.
The Roku 4 was first released in 2015 for public use. It was the first time that 4K content was available with a streaming media player.The technical specifications and other features are discussed in detail in this article. You will also get to know how you can revive your old Roku 4 players with a new activation code.
Key Features of the Roku 4
Here are some of the important Roku 4 features,
- Online video playback, online audio playback, online radio playback, digital photo playback and online gaming are the main functionalities of the device
- The ports on the device are HDMI out, USB, LAN and digital audio output port
- All of these ports can be found on the rear side of the player
- You get an advanced remote with two complimentary batteries that has a motion control sensor and an exclusive headphone jack
- The Roku 4 is powered by an AC adapter that needs to be connected to a power supply
- The device acts as a digital player and a network player
- The audio formats supported include MP3, WMA, AAC and Apple Lossless
- The video formats supported include MPEG-4, MKV, H.265, H.264 and HEVC
- The photo formats supported include PNG and JPEG
- The device has built-in decoders like DTS DECODER, DOLBY DIGITAL, DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS and DTS DIGITAL SURROUND
Add-on Roku 4 Features:
Some added features are voice search (using remote control) and smartphone remote control
- More than 4000 channels can be accessed using the Roku devices
- Some channels include Netflix, Amazon, HBO, PBS, Cartoon Network, YouTube, Hulu, Vudu, Pandora, Pluto TV, etc..
- However, the device has only one year of manufacturer’s warranty valid from the date of purchase
If you already own a Roku 4 and are looking to reactivate your idle device, then use these simple steps to get your player working in no time.
- Make the appropriate connections between the Roku player and the TV
- Switch on the Roku 4 and the TV (make sure that the Roku is connected to the internet)
- Once connected, the TV screen will display an activation code
- Note down this code and log in to your Roku account from another device (computer or smartphone)
- Enter the activation code (Roku.com/link) to activate your device
- If you have multiple devices linked under one account, then select the device and then enter the activation code
- If the device does not get activated, then repeat the steps from the beginning