Roku 4 Features
During the first-time release of the device, owing to its unique Roku 4 features such as remote control finder and its ability to stream 4K UHD online content, it was the most-preferred streaming player among users.
The Roku 4 was first released in 2015 for public use. It was the first time that 4K content was available with a streaming media player. Find the technical specifications and other features are in detail in this article. You will also get to know how you can revive your old Roku 4 players with a new activation code.
Key Features of the Roku 4
Here are some of the important Roku 4 features,
- Online video playback, online audio playback, online radio playback, digital photo playback and online gaming are the main functionalities of the device
- The ports on the device are HDMI out, USB, LAN and digital audio output port
- You can find all of these ports on the rear side of the player
- You get an advanced remote with two complimentary batteries that has a motion control sensor and an exclusive headphone jack
- Roku 4 uses AC adapter which you have to connect to a power supply
- The device acts as a digital player and a network player
- The audio formats supported include MP3, WMA, AAC and Apple Lossless
- The video formats supported include MPEG-4, MKV, H.265, H.264 and HEVC
- The photo formats supported include PNG and JPEG
- The device has built-in decoders like DTS DECODER, DOLBY DIGITAL, DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS and DTS DIGITAL SURROUND
Add-on Roku 4 Features:
Some added features are voice search (using remote control) and smartphone remote control
- Access more than 4000 channels using the Roku devices
- Some channels include Netflix, Amazon, HBO, PBS, Cartoon Network, YouTube, Hulu, Vudu, Pandora, Pluto TV, etc..
- However, the device has only one year of manufacturer’s warranty valid from the date of purchase
If you already own a Roku 4 and are looking to reactivate your idle device, then use these simple steps to get your player working in no time.
- Make the appropriate connections between the Roku player and the TV
- Switch on the Roku 4 and the TV (make sure that the Roku is connected to the internet)
- Once connected, the TV screen will display an activation code
- Note down this code and log in to your Roku account from another device (computer or smartphone)
- Enter the activation code ( com/link ) to activate your device
- If you have multiple devices linked under one account, then select the device and then enter the activation code
If the device does not get activated, then repeat the steps from the beginning