How To Fix a Purple Screen that says Roku HDCP unauthorized
HDCP (HIGH BANDWIDTH DIGITAL CONTENT PROTECTION), the content protection technology is the standard which is required by the movie and the TV industries. A purple screen will be displayed if you start playing the videos. The above procedure helps you to prevent the misuse or copying of the audio and the video.
TO OVER COME THE PURPLE SCREEN SAYS Roku HDCP UNAUTHORIZED PROBLEMS
Here are some of the simple and the easy guidelines you can follow to overcome the purple screen problem on your Roku device.
- The first step is to unplug your HDMI cable.
- Switch off your Roku player and the Roku TV and then unplug the respective power cords.
- You can now reconnect your HDMI cable and then connect it back again.
- If you have followed the above steps and the issue is not resolved, follow the additional steps below
- Reconnect the HDMI cable you are using and start using a new one. Always ensure that the HDMI cables you use are of good quality and does not contain any defects.
- Try using a latest Roku device or Roku TV for a better streaming quality. Try replacing the computer monitor with the TV
- The display settings can be found in Settings ->Display type and you can try using different display settings
- . Use an alternate HDMI port on your TV and check that the error is resolved and ensure that you’re TV or the AVR supports HDCP.
- Roku purple screen repair tools are available which helps to resolve the error to a greater extent.
- Download the tool now and use it for a better streaming experience.
- Check that you have connected the HDMI cable correctly. Loose HDMI connection, defective HDMI cable can also cause this error.
- Contact your manufacturer if the issue cannot be resolved even after following the guidelines above.
Restart your Roku device
Restarting your Roku device is the best solution to overcome the above error. Power off your Roku device, remove the power cables, HDMI Cables. Wait for few minutes and then plug in back.
If you still find any difficulty in troubleshooting the purple screen that says Roku HDCP unauthorized problem, call us on our toll-free number +1-888-269-1011 and our network support team is here to provide you more support and guidelines. Get more information at go-roku.com