The New Roku Express 2017 Activation and Setup
There are several brands of streaming players available in the market today. But out of all of them, it is universally known that Roku is a market leader. The new Roku 2017 is both cost-effective and comes some with great functionalities. This particular article deals with the new Roku express 2017 activation and setup. This model is a part of the fifth generation of Roku players that was first available sometime in the year 2016. Out of the five models released in the year, this is the basic model. It is available in stores across the nation and also available with online retailers like Amazon and Walmart. The technical specifications associated with this model include,
- Video output: 720p and 1080p.
- Video-up conversion: up-scaling of 720p to 1080p.
- Audio output: Dolby Audio pass-through via HDMI.
- Networking: WEP, WPA and WPA2 support.
- Size: 1.4 x 3.3 x 0.7 inches.
- Weight: 1.3 ounces.
Setup of the new Roku Express 2017
For setting up any Roku device apart from the Roku TV, you can use these below steps.
- Use the power adaptor that came along with the Roku player for powering up the device.
- Then connect the device using a high-speed HDMI cable with the television set.
- Sometimes, the USB connection alone is sufficient to power up the device and it might not require a separate adapter.
- However, if you see a red light on your device, then it means that it is not receiving sufficient power.
- The next important thing is to connect the Roku device to an internet-enabled router.
- You can complete this process using either a wireless or a wired connection.
- The setting for a wireless connection involves the steps,
- Roku Home screen–> Settings –> Network –> Wireless (Wi-Fi) –> Setup new Wi-Fi connection.
- The setting for the wired connection involves the steps,
- Roku Home screen –> Settings –> Network –> Wired (Ethernet).
The new Roku express 2017 activation
The setup process remains incomplete if you do not install the device with the appropriate software and the necessary firmware. They happen automatically once you connect the Roku device to the internet.
- Once the software and firmware download (Roku.com/link) has been accomplished, activate your Roku player with the activation code that then appears on your TV screen.
- Login to your Roku account from another device (laptop/PC or mobile phone). Then enter the code that flashes on your TV screen.
- This is generally an alphanumeric code (consists of alphabets and numbers) and can be written down for it is quite difficult to remember.
So, with the help of this simple tutorial, we hope that you successfully complete the new Roku express 2017 activation and setup. For more information about new Roku express 2017 activation visit our website at go-roku.com