If you receive “Cannot connect to your wireless network”, or “Not connected to the internet” messages then visit go.roku.com/wireless to resolve the issue.
Why do you see the error message?
- When you start your Roku device or Roku TV, you should connect it to your home network.
- Click on your wireless network name and enter the password.
- You will establish a connection between your device and the router, which will give you access to the internet broadband service provided by your ISP.
- If your Roku device is unable to establish a connection to your home network, you may not able to set up your Roku device.
- In case you lost your internet connection after setting up your device, you will not be able to see channels that require an internet connection or you will have buffering while streaming the videos.
go.roku.com/wireless will help you verify your internet connection:
- Go to settings, select network, click on Check Connection. It will perform a two-part test. The first part check for the connection to the home network and wireless signal strength. The second part checks for the internet bandwidth speed.
- If either of it is poor you will get on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
Note: if you are not connected to any network, you will not receive Check Connection message. Instead, you will receive Set up connection message.
How to solve the connectivity issues using go.roku.com/wireless:
- Enter the connect name for your wireless network: Selecting the wrong wireless network name will not establish a connection.
- Enter the password correctly: you should make sure you type the Wi-Fi password correctly. It easy to make mistakes while entering the password as the passwords is case sensitive.
- Check if your Router is working properly: From your computer or mobile device, connect to your home network and try launching the roku.com/link . If you are able to open the page then it means your router is providing internet access. If you are not able to open, then it means your router is not working properly. Restart your router and try again.
- Improve your wireless signal strength: the wireless signal is weak if your Roku device is farther from the router or if there is any obstacles between the router and your Roku streaming device.
- Restart your Roku device and Router: on your Roku player go to settings, Systems, System Restart. To restart your Roku TV go to Settings, System, Power, and System Restart. You can also unplug your device, wait for few minutes and the plug it in again.
Go.roku.com/wireless will help you solve your wireless connectivity issues with your Roku Streaming devices. Visit us at www.go-roku.com