go.roku.com/travelwithroku provides you with comprehensive connectivity information for your Roku device when you are traveling. Simply connect your Roku streaming device to an internet connection and you can start watching all your favorite TV shows and movies on the go.
The Roku streaming device (Roku.com/link) is a front runner of all streaming devices and has the largest amount of apps available. You can carry your streaming device with you while traveling. The Roku streaming stick lets you take your home TV viewing experience where ever you go. The stick is so handy that it can be plugged into any TV of hotel rooms.
How to connect to Roku while Travelling:
Refer to go.roku.com/travelwithroku when you are traveling to install your Roku device.
- Few destinations have wireless internet connection, where you simply have to search for your Wireless network name using your Roku device and enter the password to get connected to the internet.
- However, hotel rooms and dorms will additionally have to provide additional details such as the hotel room number via webpage on your computer to access the internet.
- This type of network is called as a Captive portal network.
- Most of the Roku streaming player comes with the option knows as Hotel and Dorm connect.
- This will help you to connect to a captive portal network.
How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect:
Refer to the complete instructions on hotel and dorm connect only at go.roku.com/travelwithroku.
Materials required in using Hotel and Dorm Connect:
- Your activated Roku device, power cord, and remote. If you have not connected to your Roku device for a long time, connect to your home network before traveling and check for software update manually.
- A computer or smartphone with wireless capabilities and a web browser.
- A high-speed HDMI cable.
Connect to Hotel Wi-Fi Internet connection:
After you reach your destinations set up your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
Starting the Connection:
- Open settings on your Roku device to start the connection.
- Press the home button on your Roku remote to open the menu list.
- Select settings from the menu.
- Click on a network.
- Click on Set up connection.
- Choose Wireless
- You will get the list of available networks. You can choose the hotel or Dorm wireless network name. In case you do not find the network name, scan again.
- After you establish the wireless connection, select I am at a hotel or college dorm.
After the connection is established, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the steps using your smartphone or computer.
After that, you can use your Roku device in your hotel room or dorm. You can use go.roku.com/travelwithroku to know how to use your Roku device on a travel. If you need more information regarding Roku call our toll-free +1-800-730-2538 or visit us at www.go-roku.com