Streaming 4K or 4K HDR Content on Roku Player – go.roku.com/hdcp
HDCP, High bandwidth digital content Protection (go.roku.com/hdcp) is the standard set by the digital rights management system to protect the Contents that are being streamed using an HDMI connection.
- HDCP 2.2, the most widely used standard is used for streaming the 4K or 4K HDR contents. TV, audio video receiver and other devices connected requires the HDCP protection.
- Before you start streaming, check if your device supports HDCP 2.2, if not you will be able to stream only the contents that are supported by 720 P or 1080 P
KNOW MORE ABOUT HDCP2.2
- HDCP 2.2 is another known content Protection standard and is widely used for preventing copying from the commercial VHS tapes. The standard is widely preferred for digital devices like the Blue-ray Players, Cable boxes, and Roku streaming devices like the Streaming Stick, Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku Ultra and a few more.
- Designed for 4K and the 4K HDR Contents, HDCP 2.2 is widely used for Movies and TV shows
HOW TO RESOLVE HDCP2.2 DETECTION ERRORS
- If you are unable to detect 2, an indication message will be received on your screen. Once you receive the above message, follow some of the quick and easy guidelines below.
- Check the existing HDMI Cable you are using. If it is not working, replace it with High premium HDMI cable. Also, check the documentation associated with your device and make sure that your device supports HDCP2.2.
- AVR, having an HDMI Input PORT is essential for using the HDCP2.2 Protection. The TV which you are using also must have an HDMI Input PORT
- To know more about HDCP, you can start visiting the link go.roku.com/hdcp.
DETERMINE THE HDMI PORT THAT SUPPORTS HDCP2.2
- You can look for the Inputs that are labeled with HDCP2.2. For some devices, Multiple Ports supporting HDCP2.2 are available. If you are unable to find the label, check the Manual provided along with the device package and the required information will be provided
- If your device does not support HDCP 2.2, the device can also be streamed using the 720p or 1080 P (roku.com/link)
- GO TO SETTINGS >DISPLAY TYPE> CHOOSE THE REQUIRED SETTINGS
- Troubleshooting guidelines are also provided on our website links roku.com/hdcp
Hope that the above information is sufficient to know more about HDCP, High bandwidth digital content Protection. You can also visit our website go.roku.com/hdcp and dial the toll-free number +1-800-730-2538 or www.go-roku.com provided for more guidelines.