Fix Roku Error Codes Issues – Roku Error Code 014
Sometimes, the devices may face some Roku error code, which may require troubleshooting and relevant help from our service agents. You can reach out to us for help at Roku.com/link.
The Roku streaming devices provides you with access to the latest movies and TV shows, with just an internet connection. If the device is connected to the internet, along with an account sign in, you can stream all your favorite episodes.
Known as the mother of all Roku error code, if you are facing a 014 issue, it means that the device is finding it tough to connect to the Wi-Fi network. This is how you fix the Roku error code issue:
Try Disabling the Network Pings
Disabling network pings can help you to solve this error code. Press the following buttons on your Roku remote which can lead you to secret screen saver.
- Press the Home button 5 times
- Press the forward, followed by play, rewind, play and the forward buttons all of them one time each one after the other
- Choose the option Disable network pings.
Now, you will be able to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
Get your software updated
If you are unable to find the “Disable network pings”, it means that the Roku box needs a software update. In such a case, do these following steps:
- Use an alternative Wi-Fi network to connect your Roku device, for a software update. You can use Ethernet cable or even the mobile hotspot for connection.
- Once connected, run the update for software download. You can use this for unlocking the Secret Screen.
- Press the Home button for 5 times
- Then press the forward button thrice followed by the rewind button twice
- Now, select the “Update Software” option, which will install and reboot the device.
- Ensure you disable network pings after the software update
- Once the network pings are disabled, try to connect to your WIFI network.